In the previous post (http://vpentathlon.com/preparing-the-lab-environment-for-nfs-datastore-config-of-msft-nfs-services-and-vmware-vswitch/) I configured the vSphere environment to support my storage network and storage server (Windows2012R2), now all we have to do is create new datastore and attached them all host in the datacenter.
here are the steps:
- From vCenter go to esxi0 >> related objects >> datastore >> click on the new datastore icon
- Choose the type NFS
- Choose NFSv3
- Name the datastore and configured the path and IP
- Click finish
- Right click on the new NFS datastore and click “mount Datastore to additional hosts
- Choose all additional hosts and click OK.
- Verify that all hosts in the cluster can see the newly created Datastore via vcenter.
- Verify that all hosts in the cluster can see the newly created Datastore via CLI (just for UNIX geeks :-))
Below are Screenshots for all the above steps