Until i get my VCAP6 – Deploy beta exam results, I decided to create a plan for my next step. The next step will be to take the VCAP6 – Design exam which is now GA
My plan is use the following resources:
- Designing VMware Infrastructure Pluralsight course by Scott Lowe ,This is a 2012 course but I think some of it its still valid
- VCAP6 – Design Blueprint – Main Resource
- VCAP5 – DCD Official Cert Guide – i know its old but there are some relevent information
- vSphere Design 2nd Edition book
- IT Architect: Foundation in the Art of Infrastructure Design: A Practical Guide for It Architects book
- Essential Virtual SAN (VSAN): Administrator’s Guide to VMware Virtual SAN (2nd Edition)
- VMware vSphere HA 6.0 High availability Deepdive : http://www.yellow-bricks.com/vmware-high-availability-deepdiv/
- VMworld Youtube Videos , there are very good deep dive sessions from VMworld 2015 and depending on when VMware will release the 2016 we might be able to use it too.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0lVmbxvCT0&list=PLeFlCmVOq6yt484cUB6N4LhXZnOso5VC7)
- Practice the simulator on VMware site.
- Google + VCAP6-DCV Design community
Home lab: Still going to use VMware workstation , but considering adding couple of Intel NUC’s in the near futures
Time line: I will start Reading and viewing the videos on Aug 6 and I believe 3 months later i will take the exam (depending on my progress).
If you know of any other good and current VCAP-6 Design resources, please comment
Thanks for reading