At this point of my learning i will like to remove all vSS and use only vDS. i will like to migrate first my storage network and than i will migrate my management network .
The plan:(Per vDS)
- Create a new Switch with new DPortGroup
- Add hosts to the Switch i also make sure to check the configure identical network setting box
- Manage the physical adapters
- Manage the VMkerenl adapters:
- make sure you have dvport available.
- Make sure you have available uplink on you new vDS.
- Move the associate management vmnic to the management dvport on your vDS.
- re-assign the VMkernel adapters and their IP’s to the new dvport group and apply to all hosts.
Here are the screenshots:
Creating new vDS
Adding all of my three hosts
Selecting to manage Physical and VMKernel
Reassigning vmnic8 and vmnic9
Selecting the DportGroup for vmk1
Applying VMKernel IP’s to my hosts
Looking for now issues in my iSCSI network
ALL Switches are now vDS’s
Thanks for reading!